The Portland Ruby Brigade, also known as pdxruby and pdx.rb, is a user group for Ruby programmers in the Portland, Oregon area. The group welcomes all programmers interested in the language and its implementations, tools, libraries and frameworks, such as Ruby on Rails. The group has been meeting since August 2002 for presentations, demos and discussions applicable to all skill levels, from newbies and experts. Every month 100+ people come together to share their knowledge, projects and enthusiasm for Ruby – join us!
There are many ways to participate in pdxruby:
- Attend our meetings: we have a number of regular meetings that everyone is welcome to attend:
- General meetings for formal presentations, lightning talks and group discussions on topics of interest to those working with Ruby. Meetings are usually the first Tuesday of the month, “Ruby Tuesday”. Let us know if you're interested in presenting.
- Beginner's meetings for one-on-one help. Programmers with any level of Ruby experience are welcome at these so they can get and offer help at these. Meetings are every week except the first week. As of 2014, this has been spun off into it's own group.
- Lunch meetings to hang out and eat lunch with your fellow Ruby enthusiasts. Meetings are usually the last Wednesday of the month.
- Subscribe to our beginner's mailing list: "pdxruby-beginners" to discuss topics of interest to those new to Ruby or programming. This is a super friendly list that wants to help you learn and share information with others.
- Follow us on Twitter for meeting announcements and notes.
- Join us on ePDX to tell the world that you're part of this user group and find others.
- Edit this page! (See also: the wiki joke)
Learn about Ruby and programming
New to Ruby or programming? Take a look at our list of resources for learning Ruby and programming. Also join us at the monthly Ruby Beginners Meetups, details are in the “Participate” section above.
Most recent meetings have full video recordings. Some older meetings have notes. For more info, check the mailing list archives.
Learn about pdxruby's history - we're not merely a user group, but an open source culture incubator.
Meeting statistics: attendance for the last couple years.
You can access a static archive of the old website to get at old content. However, all the functionality of that old site has now been replaced with this wiki, Calgator and ePDX.